Photographs – SOTW #26

March 22, 2009 | Song of the Week

cello

We went crazy with this song. What started as this (click to listen to the song sketch) became what Tim and I have jokingly referred to as “epic.” I know this is quite a word for two Midwesterners. But hey, there is a REAL CELLO in this thing! And “epic” is relative right? (actually by it’s very definition it is not relative…. Hmmm.)
Our friend Meghan Zeikle was kind enough to throw down some sweet cello action which took this song to the next level. Thank you Meghan!!!

Click for a sample of “Photographs”

Tim and I have a friend who’s husband left her and their kids after many years of marriage. This song is a reflection on what that experience might have been like for her.

<<newerolder songs >>

Read the rest of the entry for lyrics…

“Photographs”

lyrics by Patrick Largen and Tim Seley

Peace is the hardest thing to find
Search the cracks and corners of your mind
You won’t be satisfied

Search the photographs that are in your mind
For a thousand feelings to describe
The me you’ll leave behind – it’s me you’ll leave behind

Is it all you ever hoped
Leaving me in search of god only knows
On the side of the road

Need to throw those photographs away
I know you will regret this someday
Need to get some photos to replace them

Take your bags and run far away
As much as I want you to stay
Need to get some photos to replace them

Is that all I am in your mind’s eye
Jaded and faded and melting away with time
I won’t get a reply

Share and Enjoy:
  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • StumbleUpon
  • TwitThis

Tags: , , , ,

Comments (10)

1. Kyle Gach says:

Wow.

Happily, I can’t at all relate to this song, but I love it still. Especially the ~3:20 mark and thereabouts. The cello was a welcome, and perfect, addition.

2. Jenni says:

Of course, I wish you didn’t have to write this song, that this never happened. However, it is beautiful. I keep thinking, “this song should be on a soundtrack”!

3. Lisa says:

Really pretty song…sad, but true, when I think of the friends in my life whom I’ve wanted to ask, “How can you leave all of this behind?”.

4. Lindsey says:

Pulls on every heart string. You guys know how to tap into the soul.

5. joe healey says:

Good job guys.

6. Brian Nickel says:

Hey guys. Great song. Keep on keepin on. Your message will spread like wildfire.

7. David Shultz says:

I really enjoyed this song, but am saddened to hear of the circumstance behind it. I am caught in the last verse or bridge that repeats how can you leave all of this behind. Not to make light of the true situation involved, but it parallels our walks with Christ on a daily basis. Maybe it was my day’s strain, but the thought that I was leaving a loving relationship with Christ behind daily is a sad thought, yet grace still abounds..

8. Patrick says:

Thanks ya’ll! Any ideas for this next weeks song. We’re thinking something rhythmic….

9. Ian says:

Wow. Really Really amazing….

10. Joyce says:

I’m amazed by your insight into so many different emotions. It’s a real gift to be able to put the joy and sadness of life into song that touches the heart and soul. You have a God-given gift and desire – don’t doubt yourself or Him.