If you’re like us you have a number of websites and blogs that you check regularly. How often do you go to a blog only to find out they haven’t added anything since you last visited? Or, upon visiting the site, you see that you’re behind on the latest news. WELL, do we have the solution for you!
With RSS (Real Simple Syndication), you can “subscribe” to a website or blog, and get “fed” all the new headlines from all of those sites and blogs in one list, and see what’s going on in minutes instead of hours. What a time saver! That one place where your RSS list is created is called an RSS Reader, and it gathers all the newest posts from all the websites and blogs you have subscribed to. An RSS Reader we recommend is Google Reader.
If you’ve never subscribed to a site before, here is a step-by-step guide to subscribe to our website and have the latest information on new songs and other relevant news. Once you start using it you will thank us!
(If you don't have a Google account go over to www.google.com and sign up for one real quick)
1. Go to your favorite website or Blog (i.e. www.newmusicmonday.com)
2. Find the nifty little orange (or sometimes blue) RSS Icon and click it.
3. It should then take you to a page that looks like this. Click on Google.
4. Then you should see a page that looks like this.
5. After you click on "Google Reader" it will take you to your new Google reader and you are set! I like to have my Google reader as my home page.
Now you will be notified when we post new stuff. Brilliant!!